On May 13, 2013 I started my own 101 in 1001 Challenge.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Check out dayzeroproject.com for more ideas.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List’. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
I thought I would just recap here what I have been able to complete in 84 days!
I did decide to add extra stuff I’ve had the ability or pleasure of doing that maybe was not specifically on my list so that I can remember them!
2. Had a chance to try out the restaurant Culinary Dropout. Was really good and the pretzel bites with fondue was amazing. I love the atmosphere and big comfy chairs.
10. Did not get a mammogram because apparently you only need them every two years now, instead of yearly. Not sure I agree with this one, but okay. Took it off my list for 2013!
12. I have a growth of some sort on my liver, so had another CT Scan to make sure it hasn’t changed. It hasn’t! Yaee. Now only two more to go every six months to make sure it is stable. Maybe a little too personal here? TMI.
13. Complete this list – Did this first of course, but boy was it difficult! But an eyeopener for sure! Really did some soul searching to come up with the 101 things.
15. Win money in Las Vegas! Well does $30.00 count? I was down to zero money when I signed up for the players card at the LVH. I got $20.00 freeplay and won $30.00! Walked away and at least had money for breakfast at Cracker Barrel on the way home.
23. Attended the World Tea Expo in June of 2013 with my mom. Had a great time. We gambled and ate. She rested while I went to the expo and met wonderful people all involved in tea. I drank enough tea to almost float away that day!
31. Start an inspiration board – started it and have a few cool things on it. Mostly pretty pics! LOL
33., 34., 35. Connect my blog to Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. I did it after much trying – see above right for buttons to link to.
38. Do post and apply for scholarship with The Blogcademy. You can check it out here… https://haveteacupwilltravel.com/2013/07/10/the-blogcademy-scholarship-entry-austin-texas/
I didn’t win but it was fun anyway!
56. Go see Luke Bryan in concert with my daughter and her friend. Had a great, hot time! It was outside and like 101 degrees, but we didn’t care. It was a great concert with Florida Georgia Line, Thompson Square and Luke Bryan.
59. Went to the Arizona Science Center for the DaVince Exhibit. You can check it out here… https://haveteacupwilltravel.com/2013/06/01/finding-beauty-anywhere/
82. Watched Behind the Candelabra on HBO. Loved it. Great movie.
89. Got a new camera, but have yet to learn how to use it in manual mode yet. Working on that next! So far love it, but need work.
90. Finally after six years in my current office at my day job have finally put up a piece of my photography. I used Image on Metal. It turned out great. Now I need to get more done! I’m hooked.
Until next time, rock on! LAF